When visitors enter the doors of Streamway Villa in Cobourg, they are welcomed with a warm sense of compassion, enthusiasm and care and staff members who are more than willing to go the extra mile. Families are encouraged to bring in plants in honour of their loved ones, whether from home or from residents’ former homes. Residents who wish to can participate in the day-to-day care of the gardens.
- Attractively decorated, single level home
- Accredited by Accreditation Canada
- 59 beds (private, semi-private and basic)
- Committed to staff education
- Located within minutes of the Northumberland Hills Hospital in Cobourg
- Supportive Measures Specialist offering on-going support to staff and residents concerning the individualized care of residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
- Secure garden and patio area
- Active social and recreation program
- Physiotherapy services
- Resident Council