Two incidents making national and international headlines serve as reminders of both a dark part of Canada’s past as well as intolerance that, unfortunately, continues to plague the fringes of our society today.
About OMNI Health Care
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud OMNI Health Care contributed a whooping 46 entries.
For many years, OMNI Health Care and the Ontario long-term care sector at large have been asking the province to improve funding aimed at resources to better safeguard long-term-care home residents against outbreaks and improving their quality of life as a whole.
Although we have entered the third wave of COVID-19, and despite the challenges we continue to face as health-care providers in the midst of a pandemic, there are many positive things to report in the first quarter of 2021.
It has been 11 months since the COVID-19 pandemic was declared by the World Health Organization, but 2021 is starting with a sign of hope in the form of two vaccines that have become available in Ontario and are being introduced in phases.
We would like to wish all of our readers a happy and healthy holiday season. We will resume publishing The OMNIway on Monday, Jan. 4.
There’s no softer way to say it, 2020 has been a challenging year.
As we brace for the expected second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, many connected to OMNI Health Care long-term care homes, whether residents, family members or staff, may be wondering what the coming months will bring.
One of the greatest challenges the global COVID-19 pandemic has presented for long-term care homes is determining the balance between maintaining quality of life for residents while adhering to safety protocols to keep the extremely contagious virus out of homes.
While the COVID-19 virus has presented the greater health-care sector with a level of challenges unseen during other pandemics in recent years, having a strong pandemic plan in place has helped OMNI Health Care navigate these difficult times.
If you’ve been reading the papers or watching the evening news in recent months, you’ve probably noticed a narrative emerging that questions the safety of long-term care homes during the ongoing global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Country Terrace focusing on quality mealtimes to keep spirits high during the pandemicJune 16, 2021 - 6:45 am
- OMNI support, training and networking helped prepare Frost administrator for new positionJune 15, 2021 - 6:45 am
- Cooking for LTC residents is a career that makes a difference, says Willows’ NCMJune 14, 2021 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Company donates video of Streamway Villa residents having safe fun during the pandemicAugust 7, 2020 - 6:45 am
- ‘Parade’ of cars turns up to support Riverview Manor residents and staffApril 28, 2020 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Forest Hill residents make video thanking Trinity Presbyterian Church for Christmas giftsFebruary 20, 2020 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197