Though snow may be falling this week, the life enrichment department at Wildwood Care Centre in St. Mary’s is determinedly thinking spring.
About Michelle Strutzenberger
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Michelle Strutzenberger contributed a whooping 55 entries.
Yesterday, April 5, was designated National Family Caregiver Day. The first Tuesday of every April is held to honour and celebrate the approximately 8.1 million family caregivers in Canada who care for loved ones in need.
People who live at Springdale Country Manor have had their curiousity piqued by a new weekly program at the long-term care home called the Friendship Club.
Describing herself as fortunate to be as well as she is, Joyce Edgeley has been making her mark at Rosebridge Manor as a resident who constantly goes out of her way to help out and ensure her fellow residents are well cared for.
With several different teams supporting Rosebridge Manor residents who demonstrate responsive behaviours, a need to boost the communication and co-ordination of the various teams’ efforts has become apparent.
It’s easy to imagine motors revving, squeals of laughter and mud flying when Kentwood Park life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC) Lisa Mills describes her family’s unique vacation tradition.
Jackie Maxwell has sometimes wondered if she should quit playing and coaching hockey, especially given how much time it eats up – about 10 hours weekly. This is on top of her full-time job as director of care (DOC) at Maplewood.
On cold winter days, Trisha Tennant heads to the gym right after her eight-hour shift at Springdale Country Manor for a two-and-a-half hour workout. Once the weather warms up, she’ll mix that with some mountain biking in a nearby area.
Rosebridge Manor’s commitment to its residents shone through in a significant way in 2015, as several stories from this past year show.
SPRINGVILLE, Ont. – Seven area churches came together to light up Christmas for Springdale Country Manor residents and their families again this year.
- Streamway Villa welcomes back in-house entertainmentNovember 26, 2021 - 6:45 am
- OMNI homes in Northumberland-Peterborough South receive additional funding to increase staffing, hours of careNovember 25, 2021 - 6:45 am
- Door decorating contest ushers in the holiday season at West Lake TerraceNovember 24, 2021 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Company donates video of Streamway Villa residents having safe fun during the pandemicAugust 7, 2020 - 6:45 am
- ‘Parade’ of cars turns up to support Riverview Manor residents and staffApril 28, 2020 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Forest Hill residents make video thanking Trinity Presbyterian Church for Christmas giftsFebruary 20, 2020 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197