After 34 years at Rosebridge Manor, nutritional care aide Dianne Auger is still inspiring those around her with her warm heart and impeccable work ethic.
About Michelle Strutzenberger
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Michelle Strutzenberger contributed a whooping 55 entries.
Jeff Bedley says he likes to smile and have fun at work – and then watch that energy spread. “If the staff see (you smiling and having fun), then they will do it as well and then it spreads through the home,” the Garden Terrace resident services co-ordinator tells The OMNIway.
The innovations introduced by team members at several OMNI Health Care homes this year have this in common: They came about because someone at the home recognized a good idea from somewhere else.
“My heart is in this home.” That’s how Evelyn Dos Santos describes her relationship with Garden Terrace, where she works as a housekeeping aide.
The Garden Terrace residents council voted to host a Family Fun Day with the funds the council received as a result of Garden Terrace winning an award in this year’s Better Seniors Care campaign.
The annual Woodland Villa Fair had a bright energy this year as staff members enthusiastically participated and residents from three other long-term care homes joined the Aug. 17 festivities.
When music starts playing at Almonte Country Haven, you can be sure that if Bonnie Duff is nearby, her feet will start twitching. Soon enough, she’ll up and ready to dance and looking for a dance partner in a resident or fellow staff member.
Anastasia (known as Anna) Chapman has long been known as “that Scottish lady with the sense of humour.” Now she’s got a new title, “Everyday Hero.”
While she was on vacation this summer, Bonnie Loney texted her colleague, Kim Lama, at Woodland Villa where they work. Loney, a personal support worker (PSW), was concerned about the health of one of the residents at the long-term care home.
The people who’ve been named “Everyday Heroes” by their OMNI Health Care colleagues all bring a quiet strength to their work every day.
- Country Terrace focusing on quality mealtimes to keep spirits high during the pandemicJune 16, 2021 - 6:45 am
- OMNI support, training and networking helped prepare Frost administrator for new positionJune 15, 2021 - 6:45 am
- Cooking for LTC residents is a career that makes a difference, says Willows’ NCMJune 14, 2021 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Company donates video of Streamway Villa residents having safe fun during the pandemicAugust 7, 2020 - 6:45 am
- ‘Parade’ of cars turns up to support Riverview Manor residents and staffApril 28, 2020 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Forest Hill residents make video thanking Trinity Presbyterian Church for Christmas giftsFebruary 20, 2020 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197