All 68 Springdale Country Manor residents will receive a Christmas gift this year, thanks to a community group that reached out to the Peterborough County long-term care home.
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 1025 entries.
Entries by Deron Hamel
West Lake Terrace’s annual Christmas tea for residents, their families and friends raised $975 for the residents’ council and made sure everyone living at the Prince Edward County long-term care home gets a present this holiday season.
When people move into OMNI Health Care long-term care homes, programs like Behavioural Supports Ontario (BSO) and Supportive Measures are often utilized to ensure a smooth transition, says Patrick McCarthy, OMNI’s president and CEO.
From reducing antipsychotic medication administration to falls prevention, Riverview Manor has demonstrated its commitment to quality during the past year.
At the start of this year, OMNI Health Care pledged to make quality care the main focus for the organization and its 18 long-term care homes. As 2014 comes to a close, we can look back on the many successes that show the organization has met its objective.
OMNI Health Care president and CEO Patrick McCarthy says the fact that most of the organization’s 18 long-term care homes are small and located in rural communities contributes to the family-like atmosphere that makes OMNI a care provider of choice.
A recent activity at Country Terrace saw life enrichment staff take a “travelling baking cart” to residents who like to bake but do not attend baking programs, allowing them to make “cake pops” from the comfort of their rooms.
Since OMNI Health Care began managing Wildwood Care Centre in summer 2013, a strong bond has formed between the St. Marys, Ont. long-term care home and Country Terrace, say staff from both homes.
PETERBOROUGH, Ont. – After nearly a decade of few changes The OMNIway launched a fresh, new look Dec. 1.
Almonte Country Haven recently celebrated the 100th birthday of lifelong Almonte, Ont. resident Vi Larose.
- Tanya Williams’ colleagues at West Lake Terrace saw her leadership qualities from Day 1November 19, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Award recipient says being on BSO team has been an opportunity to heighten leadership skillsNovember 16, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Resident Chris Todd receives Frost Manor’s Lifetime Achievement Award for her dedication to nursingNovember 15, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Amazing Quest for Quality Care makes its second appearance at OMNI’s Quality ForumOctober 24, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Woodland Country Fair brings local community togetherSeptember 21, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) Village Green’s 40th anniversary will be a celebration of the people who’ve made the home successfulAugust 27, 2018 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197