ORILLIA, Ont. – It started off as a bingo. But then the large-screen monitor in the conference room at Fern Resort interrupted OMNI Health Care team members’ game with a report that their president and CEO Patrick McCarthy had been “kidnapped” and was being held for a $1-million ransom. Suspects were quickly announced.
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 1158 entries.
Entries by Deron Hamel
Forest Hill resident Mary Blanchfield turned 100 on May 2, her latest milestone in a lifetime of accomplishments and community service.
LINDSAY, Ont. – Not only did a Frost Manor outing on Saturday promote a healthy lifestyle for residents, it also supported walking trails and greenspace in the Lindsay area.
When Toronto-based artist Sara Dalla Guarda premiered IMPACT, an interactive art exhibit, at the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) and Ontario Retirement Communities Association (ORCA) annual convention and trade show in April, she says she saw a myriad of reactions from people.
It takes a certain type of person to work in a long-term care home, and the 2019 Quality Forum helped cement the notion that the 128 OMNI Health Care managers and other team members who attended were working where they should be.
LINDSAY, Ont. – Student Mack Dixon will be looking for a summer job after the school year finishes at the end of June, and thanks to his involvement in a partnership between St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School and Frost Manor, he has some new skills to add to his resumé.
Forest Hill recently played host to some parrots as part of a program that was both unique and educational.
It was last November when Sara Dalla Guarda’s father accidentally broke a ceramic mug that belonged to her grandmother. That mug meant a lot to Sara.
LINDSAY, Ont. – Frost Manor and St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School are continuing to build upon a partnership they established last year that’s enhancing opportunities for students to learn new skills and develop leadership while giving something back to the community.
You’ve heard of Easter bunnies but what about Easter ducklings?
- Collaborative, month-long ‘under the sea’ theme has been a hit with Frost Manor residentsJuly 22, 2019 - 6:45 am
- Volunteer vowed to ‘give back’ to Riverview Manor all the LTC home gave his mother-in-lawJuly 19, 2019 - 6:45 am
- Village Green barbecue creates a strong sense of communityJuly 18, 2019 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Rosebridge Manor team creates 2019 Amazing Quest for Quality CareJune 7, 2019 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Family member discusses positive impact new Riverview Manor will have on residents, staffMay 7, 2019 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: A look at how Almonte Country Haven prepares from-scratch cooking for residentsApril 4, 2019 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197