November is Fall Prevention Month across Canada and the theme for this year’s campaign is “It takes a community to prevent a fall. We all have a role to play.”
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 1024 entries.
Entries by Deron Hamel
After Frost Manor lost the funding an anonymous donor had provided for the maintenance of the Lindsay, Ont. long-term care home’s fish tank for several years, life enrichment aide (LEA) Jesse Fraser came to the rescue.
LINDSAY, Ont. – With her sharp sense of humour, Phyllis Smith, who has been working at Frost Manor since 1980, jokes that it took her “only 38 years” to receive OMNI Health Care’s Everyday Hero Award.
CAMPBELLFORD, Ont. – If you ever find yourself about five kilometres northwest of Havelock, Ont., you will see a road called Madeline Lane. It just so happens Madeline Lane is named after Burnbrae Gardens resident Madeline McCarthy.
Frost Manor hosted a health and safety week Sept. 17-21 with five days of education, fun and food to help raise awareness of health and safety issues – both at work and at home – and to increase knowledge of preventative measures.
For the second straight year, OMNI Health Care’s 2018 Quality Forum hosted the Amazing Quest for Quality Care, a competition that focuses on the core value of fun and laughter while underscoring the importance of quality resident care.
Country Terrace’s nine-member International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI) team attended a Sept. 19 workshop hosted by Complete Purchasing to help prepare the Komoka long-term care home for when IDDSI is fully implemented by OMNI Health Care’s 18 long-term care homes in January.
What is the key to improving hand hygiene and other infection-control practices in long-term care homes? If you ask Village Green registered nurse Donna Chandu-Lall, she’ll tell you it’s “education, education, education.”
Country Terrace team members combined the home’s annual Thanksgiving pie social with a well-known fundraiser to support the local branch of the Alzheimer Society of Canada on Oct. 9, raising $155.25.
Not only did Pleasant Meadow Manor residents have a lot of fun making crafts and baking treats to enter in contests at the Norwood Fall Fair over the Thanksgiving weekend, seven of their 22 entries won ribbons.
- Award recipient says being on BSO team has been an opportunity to heighten leadership skillsNovember 16, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Resident Chris Todd receives Frost Manor’s Lifetime Achievement Award for her dedication to nursingNovember 15, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Environmental services worker Tanya Smith is always striving to make people’s day a little brighterNovember 14, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Amazing Quest for Quality Care makes its second appearance at OMNI’s Quality ForumOctober 24, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Woodland Country Fair brings local community togetherSeptember 21, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) Village Green’s 40th anniversary will be a celebration of the people who’ve made the home successfulAugust 27, 2018 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197