Frost Manor resident Chris Todd worked for many years as a nurse, and her career began with her caring for victims of war. For her career in nursing and her dedication to the profession, Chris received Frost Manor’s 2018 Lifetime Achievement Award at an Oct. 19 ceremony held at the Lindsay long-term care home.
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 1023 entries.
Entries by Deron Hamel
Since 2016, environmental services team member Tanya Smith has been organizing day trips for Frost Manor residents to her mother-in-law Nancy DeGeer’s farm just outside of Lindsay. There are many ways Tanya demonstrates leadership at Frost Manor, but this is one way that stands out for many of her colleagues and residents.
Kentwood Park kicked off its support of the Ontario Long Term Care Association’s (OLTCA’s) Better Seniors’ Care campaign on Oct. 26 with a party that brought residents, their families and staff members from the Picton, Ont. long-term care home together.
Country Terrace registered nurse Pat Wysman is the recipient of OMNI Health Care’s 2018 Elisabeth Hinton Memorial Award.
Frost Manor life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC) Lyndsay Burton says Kim Williams, a new member of the life enrichment team, has already come up “with plenty of fun and exciting programs” for residents to enjoy in her short time at the home.
Streamway Villa life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC) Christina Doughty is commending her colleagues at the Cobourg long-term care home for their strong enthusiasm which gave residents a Halloween to remember.
SELBY, Ont. – Mary Estabrooks says if someone asked her 38 years ago if she would still be working at Village Green in 2018, her answer would have been no. But here we are in 2018, and Mary is still working in the housekeeping department at the Selby, Ont. long-term care home.
The Riverview Manor team spent days leading up to Halloween and the big day itself engaging residents and staff members in all things that go along with the spookiest time of year.
The Frost Manor team took this year’s Halloween party up a notch when the Lindsay long-term care home hosted a resident and staff costume contest.
November is Fall Prevention Month across Canada and the theme for this year’s campaign is “It takes a community to prevent a fall. We all have a role to play.”
- Resident Chris Todd receives Frost Manor’s Lifetime Achievement Award for her dedication to nursingNovember 15, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Environmental services worker Tanya Smith is always striving to make people’s day a little brighterNovember 14, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Kentwood Park kicks off annual letter-writing campaign with a partyNovember 13, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Amazing Quest for Quality Care makes its second appearance at OMNI’s Quality ForumOctober 24, 2018 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Woodland Country Fair brings local community togetherSeptember 21, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) Village Green’s 40th anniversary will be a celebration of the people who’ve made the home successfulAugust 27, 2018 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197