It’s amazing what a daylong, fun-themed program can do to keep morale high during a trying time.
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.
Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 1568 entries.
Connections OMNI Health Care’s 18 long-term care homes have with their local communities have always been important, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, these relationships have had an especially crucial role to play enhancing the quality of life for residents.
Rachael King says there are many things she likes about being the life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC) at Garden Terrace, but one aspect that especially stands out for her is being part of a team that makes a positive difference in residents’ lives.
If there’s one thing Karen Germundson says she has learned about Forest Hill since the COVID-19 pandemic began 16 months ago, it’s that staff members will do everything they can to support residents and their families during trying times.
Amy Whitehead joined the Frost Manor life enrichment team in February 2019, and a little over two years later, in May 2021, she became the Lindsay, Ont. long-term care home’s life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC).
West Lake Terrace is commending local volunteers and church groups for helping keep residents’ morale high and continuing to provide their support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Things have become rather “frosty” at Frost Manor after team members at the Lindsay long-term care home came up with an idea that is encouraging everyone to stay well hydrated during the warm days of summer – and residents are loving it.
By making small changes to ensure safety and adhering to all ministry protocols, the Pleasant Meadow Manor team has been able to keep many programs the way residents enjoyed them before the COVID-19 pandemic began – even if there are some small differences.
Garden Terrace residents were treated to a carnival at the Kanata, Ont. long-term care home that embraced the OMNI Health Care value of fun and laughter and brought back lots of fond memories.
Frost Manor residents have been “drumming up” some fun and exercise in recent months.
- Fun theme days have helped carry West Lake Terrace through the pandemicJuly 30, 2021 - 6:45 am
- Community connections delivering strong value for OMNI residents during the pandemicJuly 29, 2021 - 6:45 am
- The best part of being the Garden Terrace LEC? Seeing residents ‘happy and being engaged’July 28, 2021 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Company donates video of Streamway Villa residents having safe fun during the pandemicAugust 7, 2020 - 6:45 am
- ‘Parade’ of cars turns up to support Riverview Manor residents and staffApril 28, 2020 - 6:45 am
- VIDEO: Forest Hill residents make video thanking Trinity Presbyterian Church for Christmas giftsFebruary 20, 2020 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197