Forest Hill is situated in Kanata and built to the newest design standards for Long Term Care Homes in Ontario. It is adjacent to parkland and the front of the building overlooks the Kanata Lakes Golf Course. The back provides a panoramic forest view. The main entrance is decorated with a beautiful stone fireplace and features the Shakespeare Pub.
- 160 residents (64-2 bed basic accommodation 96 private rooms);
- Secured living areas for residents with special needs.
- Family dining and activity rooms
- Sunroom, family room, living room and access to outdoor terraces
- Secure therapeutic gardens
- Secure home area for cognitively challenged with exterior access
- Accredited by Accreditation Canada
- Committed to staff education
- Located within minutes of hospitals with acute care services
- Supportive Measures Specialist offering on-going support to staff and residents concerning the individualized care of residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.
- Individualized care of residents with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
- Active social and recreation program
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy services
- Resident Council
- Active and supportive Family Council