Care & Services
Programs outlined here are all included.
- Nursing and personal care on a 24-hour basis, including care given by or under the supervision of a registered nurse or a registered practical nurse, the administration of medication and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Medical care.
- Supplies and equipment for personal hygiene and grooming, including but not limited to skin care lotions and powders, shampoos, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, denture cups and cleansers, toilet tissue, hair brushes and combs.
- Meal service and meals, including three meals daily, snacks between meals and at bedtime, special and therapeutic diets, dietary supplements and assistive devices for self-feeding.
- Social, recreational and physical activities and programs, including related supplies and equipment.
- Rehabilitation services and some related supplies and equipment.
- Laundry, including labelling, machine washing, and drying of personal clothing.
- Bedding and linen including mattresses, pillows, bed linen, wash cloths and towels.
- Bedroom furnishings such as adjustable bed with head and foot boards, adjustable bed rails, bedside table, comfortable easy chair.
- Basic and preferred accommodation.
- The cleaning and upkeep of accommodations.
- Equipment for the general use of residents including wheelchairs and geriatric chairs, canes, walkers, toilet aids and other self-help aids for the activities of daily living.
- All other services required under the Long Term Care legislation.