The area surrounding Frost Manor’s garden is looking better than ever, thanks to a local volunteer group’s hard work on June 7. The group is part of a church network that performed a variety of beautification projects that day, to help make Lindsay a more beautiful city.
About Deron Hamel
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud Deron Hamel contributed a whooping 902 entries.
Entries by Deron Hamel
ORILLIA, Ont. – Becky Dennie has a thirst for knowledge. The long-standing Riverview Manor employee, who has developed and grown significantly in her career at the Peterborough long-term care home, recently earned Riverview Manor’s Inspired Leader award.
Researchers at Baycrest Health Sciences in Toronto have developed a free online brain test designed to help people aged 50 to 79 decide if they need to speak with a doctor about memory changes.
When the daughter of a Frost Manor resident saw colourful fish swimming in an aquarium at Victoria Manor, another Lindsay long-term care home, she was inspired.
ORILLIA, Ont. – It isn’t uncommon to see dietary aide Lily Turner step out of the kitchen to sit with residents in their rooms. Going above and beyond to support people who have dementia is one of the reasons Kentwood Park has chosen Turner as its Everyday Hero.
A group of more than 20 people from Streamway Villa recently went to a famed aquarium in downtown Toronto, and it was an experience life enrichment co-ordinator (LEC) Christina Verleysen says made a huge impact on residents.
Before working in Streamway Villa’s kitchen, nutritional care manager Garth Derry owned a bakery for 12 years. His pie-making skills are well established, and it’s a strength he’s brought to the Cobourg long-term care home.
A comprehensive diabetes program launched by OMNI Health Care in 2013 to enhance quality diabetes care for nursing-home residents across Ontario has earned recognition from the Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA).
In the three years since Kylie Szczebonski joined the Streamway Villa team, the Cobourg long-term care home’s administrator has shown top-notch leadership qualities that have made her the ideal recipient for this year’s Inspired Leader award, says Christina Verleysen.
Participants in OMNI Health Care’s 21st annual golf tournament couldn’t have asked for better late-spring weather. The day was also full of fun, laughter and networking opportunities for everyone.
- Volunteer musical trio honoured with OLTCA awards for work with Forest Hill residentsApril 20, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Connie Coll reflects on year volunteering at Springdale with her cat, HeroApril 19, 2018 - 6:45 am
- Burnbrae Gardens staff and residents wear hockey jerseys in support of Humboldt BroncosApril 18, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) ‘Oh, I just love it in here’: Village Green resident discusses what she loves about her homeApril 13, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) Volunteering at Village Green is the ‘most rewarding thing I’ve ever done,’ says Jeanne IrvineApril 9, 2018 - 6:45 am
- (VIDEO) Kimberley Wickens discusses her ‘exciting’ journey as Village Green’s residents’ council presidentMarch 26, 2018 - 6:45 am
OMNI Health Care
2020 Fisher Drive, Suite 1
Peterborough ON K9J 6X6
Telephone: 705 748-6631
Facsimile: 705 742-9197